Things to do in New York City
New York, New York, New York City – oh how I love you and miss you!
One belongs to New york instantly. One belongs to it as much five minutes as in five years. – Thomas Wolfe
MEMORIES FROM NEW YORK CITY
It’s been 6 years when I last time visited New York City. Before that, there were years when I visited NYC every single year and sometimes even many times on a year. I even lost calculating how many times I’ve been visiting New York City. It doesn’t matter anymore. I just want to tell you how much I love that marvelous and always changing city!
My New york City is not black and white but as I’ve photographed these 6 years ago with a simple DSLR and in a jpg form, I thought it would make sense to edit all photos in black and white for old times sake!
Things always change and New York teaches you that. – Richard Hell
Me 6 years ago in NYC, Photo by my husband
MY BUCKET LIST FOR NEW YORK CITY
- Chelsea market (I like the hip feeling and vibes)
- Chinatown (of course)
- Columbia University campus area (there’s something special in campus areas and this one is a great one)
- Empire State Building (if you’re a first time visitor)
- Fifth Avenue (some shopping)
- Flatiron Building (of course you have to take a photo of flattie)
- Grand Central Station (for first timers)
- Greenwich Village (I just love it!)
- New York Public Library (it’s massive!)
- Strand Bookstore (for all book lovers)
- Times Square (for first timers)
- Union Square and its farmer’s market (+ Wholefoods for some snacks to your hotel room)
- Museum of Modern Art (take a whole day to see everything)
- Broadway show (YES!)
- Madison Square Garden (you have to see some basketball there!)
- Brooklyn Bridge (cross over or just take a photo)
- Bryant Park (especially during the fashion weeks)
- Central Park (there’s so much to see)
- The West Village (The vibes!)
- Roosevelt Island (a little island, a little visit)
- Meatpacking district (for brunch and some shopping)
- Lower East Side for some vintage fashion shopping
- Bagel for breakfast
- Treasure hunting in flea markets
But…do you know which exactly is the best thing to do in New York City?
It’s a simple thing… Just wander around the streets and corners…watch the people, smell the big city and enjoy your life!
I would like to update my NYC info and photos, and would love to visit New York City soon! I’m open for any collaboration, so send me an email to petra(at)petraveikkola.com if you have something interesting to offer!
If you are greedy for life, that’s what New york is all about. If you’re trying to get as much as you can every day, this city is the place to be. – Pam Nelson
London is satisfied, Paris is resigned, but New York is always hopeful. – Dorothy Parker
New York is not a city. It’s a world. – Iman
The diversity, the food, the culture, the constant change – New York is truly one of the most inspiring places on the planet. – XXMK